Exploring Hongkong: Central District and Tsim Sha Tsui


First things first, I have changed my blog from trishie's lookbook to Style and Wanders because traveling and exploring new places is also my thing. So I came up with the idea of combining fashion and travel. Fun isn't it? 😉 So let's start blogging!

This is my first ever out of the country travel and I really had so much fun, though I was quite afraid travelling alone because I have no idea what to do and where to go at the airport. Good thing I was early and was able to ask questions to airport staffs. I suggest if you are a first time traveller, research more of the place you are going and the do's and dont's to prevent hassle.

Arrived at Macau International Airport and met Mi Amor (he works at Macau) at 2am of February 13 and we travelled straight to Hongkong with Cotai Water Jet (around 150HKD = 969PHP per pax one way). The travel time is exactly one hour from Macau.

On the first day of our travel in Hongkong, we explored the Central District which I think is the heart of Hongkong. You will be amazed with the view as if you were in a modern day techy place.

📍 Central, Hongkong






We rode a ferry from Central to Tsim Sha Tsui for 2.50HKD = 16.15PHP ( cheap compared to subway trains ) where our hotel is located. Travel time is only 10-15 minutes from Central. It was a nice experience and believe me, the view is fascinating for you will see both sides of Hongkong and its tall buildings.



The temperature drops to 13°C when we got there and it's so freakin' cold even if the sun is up. Be sure to check the weather first before visiting any country so you can pack proper clothes. 

📍 1881 Heritage, Tsim Sha Tsui




Parka Jacket from H&M
Shoes from Converse



Double-decker bus 


We booked our room at Chungking Mansions over the web for only 500HKD = 3300PHP - 3 days and 2 night. If you are planning to visit Hongkong, this hotel has the lowest room rates and their service is good so I highly recommend it especially for those people who wants to have a budget friendly travel. The rooms are clean with unlimited wifi access. Also, it is near the subway station, grocery shops, malls and fast food chains so it's a plus points for me. The room includes heater, hair dryer, toiletries, towels, flat screen tv, aircondition and vault safe.

Transportation and food in Hongkong is a bit pricey so make sure to have an allotted budget for each day of your travel.

Will post more of our Hongkong Travel on my next blog post.


Comments

Popular Posts